So why are your eyes puffy?
September 8, 2014
At a certain age, your morning mirror gazing may begin to cause you some stress as you come to the abrupt realization that your youthful supply of collagen has, yes, begun depleting. Unfortunately, one of the first signs appears around the delicate skin of your under eyes.
Our under eye skin is about 1/10th the thickness compared to the rest of our facial skin. This opens up the possibility of blood vessels or the peri-orbital bone becoming exposed through the newly translucent skin, giving the appearance of dark circles or an overall ‘tired’ look.
Besides age, here are some other possible contributing factors to the tired under eye look:
1. Heredity – Like varicose veins, dark circles can be an inherited trait. For example, the more fair skinned someone is, the more translucent their skin will be, thereby accentuating any underlying veins or bone.
2. Lack of nutrients – Lack of essential nutrients such as iron is said to increase under eye darkness. We are what we eat, and dark under eyes may be your body saying it’s missing something. Lots of water is also crucial in keeping skin hydrated.
3. Fatigue – Although the science behind the exact number of hours of sleep we actually need is mixed, generally if we aren’t getting enough sleep or reversely if we are getting too much sleep we will awake with puffy or dark under eyes. Take some time to monitor how many of hours of sleep your body needs to feel rejuvenated.
4. Hyper-pigmentation – The production of melanin can often give the impression of darker under eyes. Sun-glasses will help-out with this problem if the hyper-pigmentation is self-induced, i.e., excessive tanning. A good way of indicating hyper-pigmentation is by pulling the skin sideways and watching if the darkness turns blotchy. If it does, that’s evidence the problem is caused by excess pigment in the area..
5. Sleeping position – Thanks to gravity, sleeping on your side or stomach can encourage fluids to collect under your eyes. If you’re a side sleeper, you may notice a heavier bag on the side you sleep on. If you often wake up with puffy eyes, try sleeping on your back and see if you notice the difference.
Regardless of the reason, the treatment of dark circles as well as puffy eye must be approached in a holistic way. In my experience many clients have under eye issues due to life style and diet. Let’s face it, everyone is busy so taking care of ourselves properly is not always an option. What if watching a computer screen is causing your puffy eyes and dark circles? It is unlikely that you are going to stop or slow down your computer time. This is why the Easy Eye Solutions products are so important. In addition to the other things you do to keep yourself healthy, Easy Eye Solutions treats those annoying under problems and rejuvenates your under eye area. We have thousands of clients world wide who write in to tell us what a difference our products have made.
Although the Easy Eye Solutions is a powerful approach for the treatment of under eye puffiness and dark circles, we have recently been working on an adding another product to our line. This new product will intensify the action of the Instant Eye Tuck & Dark Circle Treatment. This will act as a booster for those who have stubborn fat deposits, excessively puffy eyes and Milar bags. The product testing has shown some very effective results. Of course everything we manufacture is beneficial to your skin and this new booster is no different. We are not ready to launch the booster quit yet but will keep you posted.